At the World-Cup 2014 self propelled maintenance machines were used so that ground pressure was minimized, thus avoiding damage to the pitches. Tractors are not permitted on the 12 stadium fields during the tournament , in order to prevent the risk of imprints in the turf. The Redexim Carrier is a pedestrian tow vehicle, and its large smooth tires ensure that ground pressure is minimal. Several implements can be attached to the Carrier, and when, for example, a Verti-Drain aerator (penetrating up to 15 cm/ 6”) is connected excessive rainwater from sudden cloud bursts can drain quickly away through the aeration holes. A Rink topdresser can be connected to the Carrier to lightly spread sand on the pitch, while the Speed-Seed buries seed into thousands of tiny holes. The Verti-Cut 1300 takes out the dead organic material and the Dew Brush takes the dew of the grass blades to avoid diseases. The main stadiums own a Carrier with several implements, including the Arena Corinthians in São Paulo and the Estádio do Maracanã in Rio de Janeiro.
In the photograph above you can see the Redexim Carrier being used with the Verti-Drain 1513 in Rio de Janeiro’s Maracana stadium just two days before the World Cup final.
Find A Story
- Luzhniki stadium Moscow – Verti-Drain aerator instrumental to help create strong and dense grass cover
- Saint Petersburg stadium, venue for semifinal match between Belgium and France World Cup Russia – aeration with Verti-Drain, overseeding with Speed-Seed
- Kazan Arena one day before quarterfinal Belgium – Brazil
- Tatars prepare for World Cup with combination of Redexim seeding machines
- World champions rely on Redexim at World Cup Russia